The experiments are carried out using machines of industrial manufacture. All the test machines are equipped with a special base for attachment to the Machine test system 0.3. The system allows the characteristics of the machines under test to be recorded. Power for the machines under test is provided either directly from the mains or via special laboratory power supplies.
- Protective measures and electrical safety
- Setting up electrical machines and putting them into operation
- Use of starting circuits
- Assessment of electrical machine characteristics
Induction or asynchronous machines are in widespread use. In particular, the low-maintenance squirrel cage motors fed via frequency converters are increasingly replacing both DC and AC machines. Asynchronous machines are used as motors and generators for low power applications of up to 2.5 MW. When used as generators in wind turbines, asynchronous generators operate without additional auxiliary energy.
- In order to protect against overheating, the stator windings of the test machines are equipped with temperature sensors
- Should overheating occur, the machine testing system automatically shuts down the machine under test, thus preventing any damage to it.
- The test machines are equipped with an educationally designed terminal board with the winding configuration printed on it.
- The ends of all the windings are connected to the terminal board and can be accessed via 4-mm safety sockets.
- Computer-supported acquisition of measurement data provides for meaningful measurement results.
The individual equipment set is equally suitable for student experiments in laboratories with low voltage supplies (400 V three-phase) and for setting up on a mobile trolley for demonstration by teachers in a classroom. The procedures for the experiments are provided in a printed manual.
The target group is made up of commercial apprentices and students of electrical machine construction. The course offers experiments at an intermediate level and also allows for the necessary insight into machine behaviour for scientific interpretation at undergraduate level.
The motor may only be connected in star (Y) configuration to the 400 V mains.
- Design and function
- Characteristics on motor operation
- Power performance of an ideal rotating field machine
- Power flux
- Experiment without any load
- Short-circuit load experiment
- Fundamentals of three-phase generators
- Characteristics in generator operation
- Reactive power compensation
Similar to illustration
|732 104||Squirrel cage motor 230/400/0.3||1|
|726 75||Three-phase supply unit with ELCB||1|
|732 14||Motor protection switch, 1-1.6 A||1|
|731 42||On/off switch, three-pole||1|
|745 561||Power circuit breaker module||1|
|732 40||Resistive load 0.3||1|
|732 41||Capacitive load 0.3||1|
|731 49||Reversing switch||1|
|731 51||Soft starter 0.3 /1.0||1|
|731 391||Squirrel cage fault simulator||1|
|731 989USB||Machine test system 0.3||1|
|728 421||CBM10 MOMO/FCCP||1|
|531 282||Multimeter Metrahit Pro||2|
|727 12||Power factor meter||1|
|531 600||Insulation tester Metriso C||1|
|726 09||Panel frame T130, two-level||1|
|731 06||Coupling 0.3||1|
|731 081||Coupling guard 0.3 transparent||1|
|500 59||Safety bridging plugs, black, set of 10||2|
|500 591||Safety bridging plugs, yellow/green, set of 10||1|
|500 851||Safety connecting leads, 32 A, set of 32||1|
|500 852||Safety connecting leads, 32 A, yellow/green, set of 10||1|
|569 2301L||LIT: Asynchronous Machines (in German) T 10.4.1||1|
|569 2301S||LIT: Asynchronous Machines (in German) T 10.4.1||1|
|569 2302||* LIT: Asynchronous Machines (in English) T 10.4.1||1|
Articles marked with * are not essential, we do however recommend them to carry out the experiment.