The experiments are carried out using machines of industrial manufacture. All the test machines are equipped with a special base for attachment to the Machine test system 0.3. The system allows the characteristics of the machines under test to be recorded. Power for the machines under test is provided either directly from the mains or via special laboratory power supplies.
- Protective measures and electrical safety
- Setting up electrical machines and putting them into operation
- Use of starting circuits
- Assessment of electrical machine characteristics
The actual area of application for synchronous machines is as generators. They are used in many forms, from a small shaft generator to supply energy for a ship (output in the kW range) right up to hydrogen-cooled power station generators (output in megawatts). Topics investigated include run-up, excitation and efficiency as well as the various types of loading. One interesting aspect in the subject of power station control, which is handled in greater detail as part of the topic Electric power supply technology.
- In order to protect against overheating, the stator windings of the test machines are equipped with temperature sensors
- Should overheating occur, the machine testing system automatically shuts down the machine under test, thus preventing any damage to it.
- The test machines are equipped with an educationally designed terminal board with the winding configuration printed on it.
- The ends of all the windings are connected to the terminal board and can be accessed via 4-mm safety sockets.
- Computer-supported acquisition of measurement data provides for meaningful measurement results.
The individual equipment set is equally suitable for student experiments in laboratories with low voltage supplies (400 V three-phase) and for setting up on a mobile trolley for demonstration by teachers in a classroom. The procedures for the experiments are provided in a printed manual.
The target group is made up of commercial apprentices and students of electrical machine construction. The course offers experiments at an intermediate level and also allows for the necessary insight into machine behaviour for scientific interpretation at undergraduate level.
Synchronous motor topics
- Operation with no-load and with a permanent three-pole short-circuit
- Locus diagrams and control characteristics
- Torque and loading
- Synchronisation and use of multiple machines in parallel
- Starting methods for synchronous motors
- Control of reactive power
- Power performance
Synchronous generator topics
- Voltage generation
- Excitation of synchronous machines
- Operating response
- Armature current and torque
- Braking operation
- Starting and synchronisation
- Single-phase generators
Similar to illustration
|732 37||Synchronous machine SR 0.3||1|
|732 40||Resistive load 0.3||1|
|732 41||Capacitive load 0.3||1|
|732 42||Inductive load 0.3/1.0||1|
|726 75||Three-phase supply unit with ELCB||1|
|745 05||Manual synchronisation unit||1|
|731 49||Reversing switch||1|
|745 561||Power circuit breaker module||1|
|727 32||Moving iron meter, 2.5 A||1|
|531 282||Multimeter Metrahit Pro||3|
|727 12||Power factor meter||1|
|731 989USB||Machine test system 0.3||1|
|728 421||CBM10 MOMO/FCCP||1|
|726 09||Panel frame T130, two-level||1|
|725 852DG||DC machine supply 0.3||1|
|731 06||Coupling 0.3||1|
|731 07||Shaft end guard 0.3||1|
|731 081||Coupling guard 0.3 transparent||1|
|500 59||Safety bridging plugs, black, set of 10||2|
|500 591||Safety bridging plugs, yellow/green, set of 10||1|
|500 851||Safety connecting leads, 32 A, set of 32||1|
|500 852||Safety connecting leads, 32 A, yellow/green, set of 10||1|
|569 2351L||LIT: Synchronous Machines (in German) T 10.4.2||1|
|569 2351S||LIT: Synchronous Machines (in German) T 10.4.2||1|
|569 2352||* LIT: Synchronous Machines (in English) T 10.4.2||1|
Articles marked with * are not essential, we do however recommend them to carry out the experiment.